Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween...

Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, Fright Night, etc., has always been one of the "high holy days" for me, my friends, nephews and family. I shot this in my driveway this evening and thought about Halloweens gone by. We were never able to afford store-bought costumes growing up, so, hours of effort went into making originals each October attempting to top last years, while we dreamed about our candy haul and self-righteously mocked anyone who wore those fake-looking Ben Cooper costumes. Nowadays, we get ready by decorating the house, watching "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" and after Miss B goes to bed, "Halloween", the original and still the best of it's genre, with Jamie Lee Curtis. Miss B has three costumes this year: a crayon, Tinker Bell, and a pink poodle for all the pressing, social engagements of her busy, 5 year-old life. How things change. Have a great evening, everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great stuff, cool comentary too.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

great shot, I didn't even take photos of our pumpkins this year, and we carved good ones too :)

I hear you about the "several costume syndrome" Heaven forbid if they wear the same thing out more than once in public, lmao! We were Tinkerbell also, and a hair dresser too.... We actually got away with one costume for 2 seperate events this year! Ah to be 5 again!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Roland Simmons said...

And the winner is........

hey I'll buy the book from you if your willing to sell to me.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

Hey Brian, thanks for stopping in to my blog! Yep, still at the "photomill" m-f 9-3 this season. We'll bump paths eventually!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home